Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Join Genesys and save the world from bad customer service!
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 2,000 customers in 80 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today’s customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Summary of the Position
The SaaS Ops Associate Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management for the SaaS Operations environment: initiation, planning, controlling, executing, and closing. This includes single interface, scheduling, logistics, communication management, issue resolution and project reporting. The role coordinates SaaS Operations with multiple contributing teams in multiple locations across various disciplines of software hosting: architecture, product management, hardware, coding, testing, validation, configuration, integration, deployment into the SaaS data center, and support.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide the planning and execution interface between development engineering and operations engineering.
- Manage a well-defined process for configuration, integration, and deployment of new software deliveries into test and production environments.
- Lead Operations teams to ensure releases are delivered on time, within budget, and with quality that meets corporate and customer commitments.
- Lead staff capacity planning exercises; validate estimates vs. capacity; track resulting metrics and refine estimation methods.
- Work all significant issues related to schedule, cost, content, and quality to avoid impacts to committed service deliveries for customers.
- Manage cross-dependencies among projects.
- Schedule and coordinate updates to the production platform, minimizing customer impacts and track release deployment details (source code versions and dates).
- Provide regular reports on status and visibility at every level of the project, including:
- overall project health
- The PjM for SaaS Ops also works closely with Operations Leads to oversee the change management process ensuring that all procedures are followed. This includes tracking test deliverables, managing audits as needed, and working with training to ensure all needed TOIs (Transfers of Information) between groups take place in time, with special consideration for customer care (support)..
Qualifications/Skills Required and Preferred
Minimum 2-3 years managing software deployment projects and/or software development projects.
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Expert knowledge of productivity tools (Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Power Point) required.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with co-workers within and across departments.
- Must be a team player.
- Experience managing direct or matrix teams to one set of deliverables.
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills.
- Project management certification desired (PMP and/or CSM preferred).
- Experience with the Agile product development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of SaaS technical environments.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with JIRA.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.