Daly City, CA, United States
Join Genesys and save the world from bad customer service!
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 2,000 customers in 80 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today’s customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Summary of the Position
Genesys is the largest private software company in Silicon Valley (3rd largest in the US/Canada), and we are revolutionizing the way companies engage with their customers.
Since January 2013, we have completed a number of acquisitions and expect to continue the M&A activity. Because of our rapid growth and acquisitions, we are hiring a Senior International Tax Staff. We are looking for candidates who are excited by the challenge of helping to build an in-house tax department.
This position will focus mainly on international issues, with the opportunity to assist with federal, state & local, transfer pricing, and provision issues..
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Participate in preparing and reviewing foreign portions of quarterly tax provision, as well as US international tax forms.
- Research international tax questions, including indirect tax issues, foreign treaty interpretation, and withholding tax consequences.
- Review financial statements and tax returns of foreign affiliates and work with foreign controllers on transfer pricing calculations.
- Provide accounting, tax, and business support to the International operations.
- Assist with other areas of tax as needed to support the tax department.
Qualifications/Skills Required and Preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant tax experience in a public accounting firm, and/or equivalent industry experience.
- BA/BS in accounting or finance. J.D. preferred but not required.
- Experience with researching international tax and foreign tax laws.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Team oriented person capable of working independently to drive projects to completion.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.