Raleigh, NC Area , United States
Join Genesys and save the world from bad customer service!
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 2,000 customers in 80 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today’s customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Summary of the Position
The Solutions Engineer works with the Sales Account Executive on developing new business across all Genesys product lines. The Solutions Engineer works in a consultative role to understand customer needs and map them to Genesys software, services, and consulting offerings delivered in a holistic solution. This client-facing role works with all levels of customer organizations tailoring the messaging to meet the needs of various stakeholders including C-level decision makers.
Strategic Value of Role
Team with Sales Account Executive to provide more technical expertise regarding offerings and solutions:
1. Managing assigned prospects/customer to help progress sales opportunities
2. Bring a deep understanding of customer problems and solution benefits to all prospect and customer interactions
3. Ensuring Sales Account Executives are being supported properly
Your role as Solutions Engineer is to act as a link between the customer’s needs and potential solution value. Due to the technical complexity of the Genesys offering, this role is imperative to the success of sales opportunities. You will develop and apply best practice principles in the areas of Solutions Engineering to help field sales progress deals. This role reports to the Manager or Director of Solutions Engineering.
The objective of the Solutions Engineer job is to help Account Executives progress and close sales opportunities. The Solutions Engineer role helps bridge the gap between technical buyers and Account Executives. Solutions Engineers are expected to develop and cultivate strong relationships with the customer’s internal stakeholders. This role requires deep technical knowledge on a broad solution set.
How does the Solutions Engineer engage in opportunities?
- Seek to understand customer requirements through technical discovery efforts
- Bring a unique perspective to matching Genesys solutions to customer requirements
- Address the business and personal needs of technical influencers
- Assist in the execution of product demonstrations
What makes a great Solutions Engineer?
- Performance: Must be able to outperform peers and be a model for other SE’s to follow
- Strong Personal Interaction & communication
- Comfortable Interacting with director-level and higher leads
- Ability to retain and build Product Knowledge
- Adept at multi-tasking between multiple customers and internal stakeholders
- Problem diagnosis skills – the ability to perform discovery to properly define the problem at the right level
- Analytical skills – take large data sets and pull out meaningful insights
- Outward-In communication – communication value through the lens of the buyer
- Demonstration execution – execute product demonstration that link to buyer objectives and progress sales campaigns
- Advancement within Genesys Solutions Engineering team
- Advancement to the Sales Architect role
- Relevant/applicable positions within program management, product marketing, product development, inside/outside sales, channel partner management, business consulting and sales enablement
Why consider this role?
- Work for a successful technology frontrunner within the contact center industry with a positive track record of product innovation and market leadership
- Genesys is a high growth software leader with exceptional future upside
- Work with talent colleagues that will help your knowledge base grow
- Uncover business challenges and articulate solutions through Genesys’s consultative process
- Be a compelling speaker that communicate the value of solutions to prospective customers
- Consult on contact center software business management best practices, data integration and optimization
- Tailor demonstrations to prove how business objectives are accomplished
- Offer deep technical expertise around our software offerings
- Assist in authoring persuasive responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Scope projects and write Statements of Work
Qualifications/Skills Required and Preferred
• Bachelors Degree
– A degree in Computer Science, or ICT related subjects would be advantageous
• Natural interest in emerging digital media technologies: (Social Media, Mobile – Web Applications), usability and innovation, customer experience.
• Experience/Awareness of Software development
• Strong time-management and organization skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple streams of work simultaneously
• Proven record of meeting/exceeding established goals
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Fluent in English both written and verbal communication. Local language is a must and any additional European languages a plus.
• Strong presentation skills and proven experience with developing compelling presentation materials
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with internal stakeholders
• Analytical ability (analyzing and reporting skills)
• Ability to display strong self-initiative and support recommendations with sound thinking and fact-based evidence (data, research, best practices, etc.)
• Willingness to travel
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating job title and country applying within.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.