ZON Multimedia Enhances Customer Care with Genesys SIP Server
Portuguese Multimedia Provider with more than 1.6 million Subscribers Unifies Customer Service System for Improved Query Wait Times and Reduced Costs
DALY CITY, Calif. – July 16, 2012 Genesys, a provider of customer experience solutions, today announced that ZON Multimedia, the leading provider of Triple Play (pay TV, broadband and fixed and mobile telephony) in Portugal, has replaced its former contact center platform with the Genesys SIP Server, unifying the Company’s customer service locations for improved efficiency and reduced wait times.
- ZON deployed the Genesys platform, with the integration services of Alcatel-Lucent, at eight locations, supporting 2000 agents each taking around 50,000 inbound calls in addition to email on a daily basis. These locations are linked in a virtual contact center, with inbound calls now divided based on the specific customer requirements, rather than the location from which they are calling. The Genesys Voice Platform (GVP) is used to direct calls to the appropriate queue using tone and voice -based IVR and has also allowed ZON to introduce self-service for appropriate queries.
- With Genesys SIP Server, ZON has achieved its goal of standardizing operations throughout all of the contact centers. This allows the Company to roll out changes to everyone at the same time because the solution resides completely on the servers in a data center and not on handsets or other hardware at the contact centers. Now, it takes a tenth of the time to implement changes compared with the previous process that relied on traditional hardware-based solution.
- ZON is seeing a 30 second reduction in average inbound call handling times by using computer telephony integration (CTI) and caller identification to automatically present agents with customer details. The use of smart routing has also reduced the number of transferred calls between queues by five percent.
- Agents are now automatically presented with inbound calls during peak periods, with idle periods used to run less urgent outbound campaigns. By moving from manual to automatic dialing, ZON is seeing cost reductions on outbound operations by an average of 50 percent. For instance, a ‘Welcome Call’ campaign for new customers now costs half of what it used to before the Genesys platform was implemented.
- Within the Genesys environment, ZON is able to easily enhance interactions with customers. By integrating the CRM and IVR, 20 percent of callers are provided with self-service options, a number that is continuously growing. And when new legislation in Portugal obliged companies to return calls to customers waiting more than 60 seconds, ZON was able to adapt their Genesys solution for half the cost a traditional system would have required.
- ZON has created a technical architecture based on mirroring its Genesys implementation across two data centers in Lisbon and Oporto. Each data center is sized to handle approximately 75 percent of the workload. Now, if one data center goes down, or there is a problem with the data network, the second center can continue to process calls. The Genesys SIP Server allows this transition without the agents in the various physical contact centers noticing the switch and subsequently disrupting their workflow.
“In the past, we had to implement these kinds of changes on each platform at each location, so it would be time consuming, complex and would probably be implemented in a slightly different way on each of the various systems we had,” said Fernando Fonseca, Customer Care Technical Manager, ZON. “With Genesys SIP Server, it typically takes a tenth of the time it would have taken using a traditional hardware-based solution. It’s the same everywhere, and we can deploy to all agents in all locations at the same time.”
“Varying systems across separate contact centers often results in inconsistent customer service experiences,” said Paul Segre, President and CEO, Genesys. “The Genesys SIP Server provides the flexibility and scalability companies like ZON need to improve the quality of service and increase overall customer satisfaction.”
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact center software and services — with a 100% focus on customer experience and mission to save the world from bad customer service. With more than 2,000 customers in 80 countries, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to drive today’s new customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day from the contact center to the back office, helping companies deliver fast, simple service and a highly personalized cross-channel customer experience. Genesys software also optimizes processes and the performance of customer-facing employees across the enterprise.